We have been a little disorganized about booking activities on our trip to Spain and looked for a trip to Ronda/Setenil from Malaga the day before we wanted to go there, and HappyToVisit had spots so we booked it at about 9pm, not sure if we were going to get in, but just before 10pm, when their office closes we got the good news that HappyToVisit came through!
Please note: the google maps location on the site is not accurate. We luckily spoke to the hotel concierge in the morning and she told us where she thought the meeting place was, called the phone number to double check with them, and provided us the correct directions.
The bus was comfortable, the cities were incredible, as was the information provided by the tour guide. However I do think there could be room for improvement.
1) The tour guide (Karim) was brilliant in languages, he could provide info in any of 4 languages (English, French, Spanish, German) and answer any questions. The problem was that the tour was in 4 languages so you spent much of your time waiting in anticipation for your language to start.
2) It would have been helpful if we knew when we were up to listen, you pretty much had to listen to him speaking the other languages so you didn’t miss yours when it was up.
3) He would turn his back on the group to look at a what he was describing. It would be easier to hear his awesome information if he looked at the group and had his back to the attraction, so you can hear him.
4) I felt like I spent a lot of time running around him as he spoke to different people. For example, he seemed to have wanted to impress the 2 French Canadians who could understand both French and English so he had his focus on them for both languages which was frustrating for me who is not fluent in Canadian French, and for the 3 Russian tourists who were wanting the English explanations.
5) I think if the tour guide could let us know what the language order is going to be, we can take pics and such while he’s explaining to the other languages, and the other languages can do so while we get the explanation. And we could tag each other in as we go along using some interaction with the group on the bus ride to find out everyone’s language preference or at the tapas bar (which was good).
Dana W., Canada
On excursion: Full Day Tour to Ronda and Setenil de las Bodegas from Malaga