Come with us and experience and taste the best of Budapest. A foodie revolution has swept through the city in recent years & brought with it Michelin star gourmet restaurants, reinvented market halls, street vendors, & elegant cafes & quirkey food trucks. On the Eat Hungary tour not only do you get a perfect day of eating with the help of a knowledgable local guide but you’ll also learn a little about Hungarian history, traditions, & culture along the way. We take you off the beaten path, to local eateries & shops not frequented by all the regular tourists.
The tour begins at the Cityrama office with a Welcome 'Túró Rudi' (a chilled chocolate covered dessert) and stops at Belvárosi Piac the downtown market hall on Hold utca (NOT to be confused with the Central Market Hall), local butcher shop, cheese shop, traditional restaurants & finally a neighborhood pub for a taste of locally made artisanal beers.
There is a little something for everyone!
Hungarian cheese specialities
- Selection of Hungarian salamis (including deer)
- ’Lángos’ (fried Hungarian flat bread)
- ’Kolbász & Hurka’ (sausages & pickled vegetables)
- Goulash served in a mini loaf bread
- ’Túró Rudi’ (a chilled chocolate covered dessert)
- ’Kürtőskalács’ (a sweet dough pastry covered in sugar)
- ’Flódni’ (Jewish-Hungarian cake with 4 different fillings)
- Variety of craft beers & home made lemonade