On Salzburg's most popular tour, you get to relive the making of a movie called the 'Sound of Music'. You will explore history and culture of Salzburg, see amazing Lakes and Mountains region. Tour guide will let you know background stories of the movie and take to many locations from the 'Sound of Music' such as;
- Mirabell Gardens: Shown in many scenes including where Maria and the children sang ‘Do-Re-Mi’.
- The Gazebo: Where Rolf and Liesl sang ‘Sixteen Going on Seventeen’ and Maria and the Baron sang ‘Something Good’.
- Palace of Leopoldskron: This historical palace and its ground provided many filming locations including the lake where the boating scene took place.
- Nonnberg Abbey: This historical abbey was used both in the movie and the true story. In real life Maria and the Baron were married here in 1927.
- St. Gilgen/Lake Wolfgang: This picturesque area was featured in the opening sequence of the movie. The village of St. Gilgen is situated directly across from the famous Schafberg mountain.
- Church of Mondsee: The Sound of Music Wedding Church. This historical church of Mondsee was the location of the movie wedding between Maria and the Baron.
Find out whether the hills of Salzburg are really alive with the 'Sound of Music' as you listen to the original movie soundtrack through your way.