The biggest cathedral in Dalmatia. Its oldest parts are an early Christian basilica, but its present Romanesque appearance was shaped in the 12th century. During the crusaders´ siege and conquest of the city in 1202, the Cathedral was damaged, but later it was reconstructed and made longer.
The portals are lavishly adorned by relief and an inscription of Archbishop John from the year 1324. Its bell-tower was built in the 15th and 19th c. mostly in a neo-Romanesque style.